Friday, January 12, 2007

Visual Arts Showcase #58 Opening tonight at WCNY

Visual Arts Showcase #58
Cultural Resources Council

Price: Free
WCNY
506 Old Liverpool Rd., Liverpool


The Visual Arts Showcase Committee of the CRC is pleased to present an eclectic offering, featuring work of state and local grant winners since 2000. Special viewing arrangements can be made through the Cultural Resources Council at 315-435-2155.

There will be a public reception this evening from 6:00pm - 8:00pm, at WCNY; there is no charge.

Exhibiting Grant Winners Include*:
Michael Barletta
Eliyahu Benisrael
Ellen Blalock
Art Brangman
Ann Clarke
Denise Cole
Deborah Dahlin
Susan D'Amato
Matthew Davis
John Dobbs
Mary Giehl
Elizabeth Grace
Robert Harris
Richard Karuzas
Mick Mather
Jacquelyn Maye
Michael Moody
Melissa Morgan
Karen Patton
Angelo Puccia
Thea Reidy
Laurie Seamans
Michael Swatt
Tash Taskale
Noelle Uebele
Mardea Warner

*I just typed the names in so I apologize ahead of time if there are any typos. -Courtney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a fine job listing all the names and I'm just sorry that I missed this event ~ your posting was the first I had even heard about the Visual Arts Showcase!

Delavan Art Gallery said...

Thanks anonymous!

I couldn't find the names listed anywhere online so I figured I'd add them!

The Visual Arts Showcase has been running quite a while and has an interesting history. It's run by a committee through the Cultural Resources Council. The exhibitions used to be held in the Civic Center but I believe insurance issues got in the way. Now it's held at WCNY. Perhaps someone else will fill in the details here as I'm not completely familiar with them.

Thanks for your comment!

-Courtney Rile