Friday, January 26, 2007

Last Night's Opening Reception: Review and Photos

The Intern's Review: "The Second Day: An Intern's Experience"

My first day interning I was thrown into the process of selecting, hanging and placing art work around the gallery. Then for my second day I was able to attend the January/February show, "The Human Condition." This would be my first "behind-the-scenes" show and I found it absolutely fascinating. I was able to meet all of the artists who had their artwork out and talk with them not only about their art, but art in general and how they fit into the art scene. It was really interesting to be able to not only view the work myself and form my own opinions, but also get different inputs from everyone else who was attending the show. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but I definitly now have a greater sense of how significant art and the people behind them are which makes me more confident of making a lifestyle out of it. All and all, it was a great night.

-Krysten (SU Junior; Art History and Architecture)


Photos from last night's opening of "The Human Condition"

Artist Stephen Ryan

Artists Virginia Hovendon (left) and James Albertson (right)

Artist William Finch

Artist Joan Carlon

Gallery Manager Caroline Szozda with Gallery Director Bill Delavan in background shaking the hand of Richard Karuzas while Barbara Karuzas looks on

Diane Menzies looks at Stephen Ryan's "Violin Lesson"

General Snapshot

Two ladies read artist statements by Virginia Hovendon and James Albertson

General snapshot

General snapshot

Artist Stephen Ryan with friends

Photographer Michael Moody

Chris and Ken Nichols

Harry Freeman-Jones and Diane Menzies

No comments: