Friday, March 09, 2007

From Our Intern

This post is from our intern Krysten. Don't worry, we didn't twist her arm!

My experience so far interning with the gallery has been not only a great learning experience but has also given me an insight in the art community here in Central New York. I have been exposed to many different types of art and artists and have been able really examine what artists today in this area are doing. It was definitly a great choice in my opinion to take my education further from the classroom and get first hand experience of the art world. I am also learning quickly the areas of the gallery that I am the most interested in, including designing and organizing projects for the gallery and curating and hanging shows. I am extremely pleased with how involved the gallery has gotten me with their projects and the work that they are doing. Being able to have this kind of experience will definitly benefit me in that I have more confidence in being able to work in the art world and I have had a hands on experience that most interns would only dream of.

-Krysten

1 comment:

Delavan Art Gallery said...

I agree with Krysten that interning is such a valuable experience. There is only so much you can learn in the classroom and by expanding your knowledge of something you're interested in, in turn you begin to love it even more.

-Jessica, intern.