Thursday, December 21, 2006

David Beale features images of his watercolors at Delavan Art Gallery on his website davidbealeartist.com

Many artists have websites. Some artists keep their websites updated. Cortland, NY watercolor artist David Beale goes the extra mile by having a page on his website devoted to his art at Delavan Art Gallery in the current exhibit which lasts through Saturday, Dec. 23. Would you like a preview of what's hanging? Visit Beale's website www.davidbealeartist.com

Some favorites are pictured below:


"Winter Solstice" Times Square in NYC during the Christmas season


"Winter Sentries"


"Bucking a Head Wind"

David Beale's Artist Statement from davidbealeartist.com:

"A major project of mine over the last few years has been building a small cottage on the edge of a seven acre wildlife pond where my wife Kathie and I now reside. Many of my paintings have their inspiration from hours of observation and reflection at McCloy Pond.

Three other major influences on my art are my lifelong fascination with mathematics, my love of flying, and my father who enjoyed drawing and painting throughout his life.

My approach to living has continually been that of an artist even though it has manifested itself in different outlets. The important and fascinating facets of music composition, carpentry, gardening, flying, and painting all have involved a creative point of view emphasizing observation, studying and thinking, combined with attention to hands-on craftsmanship."

No comments: